LinkedIn keeps reloading

Whenever I visit LinkedIn on the new Brave Browser it continually reloads. I’m a big support of Brave but I’ll have to revert to Chrome until this gets resolved as I use LinkedIn for recruiting and hiring daily.

Please repost (or edit your original post) to reflect the template and guidelines and we’d be more than happy to assist you.

I don’t have time to review a two page template and guidelines section. I’m already wasting time to switching back and forth between Brave and Chrome when I need to use LinkedIn. I took the time to submit the issue to the community because I want Brave to be my one and only browser. Instead of replying with a generic template yourself and putting the onus on me the user to figure out what’s wrong with my post, it would be helpful to know exactly what needs to be changed. I wasn’t the first to have this problem but the other post has been closed without a resolution.

1 Like

There are a few things that may be causing this issue. In order to diagnose it, we’ll need additional information so we can avoid going back and fourth just to exchange boiler-plate troubleshooting data. That same information on the template will be asked of you during the course of your support request anyway. For example,

• Can you tell me which OS you’re using? Also which channel/install of Brave you’re using (Release, Beta, or Developer) along with version number (Menu --> About Brave will tell you all of this)?
  • Have you tried accessing Linkedin with Shields down?
  • Does this happen when you’re already logged into Linkedin or regardless/any time you visit the site?
1 Like

Doesn’t happen on my install of 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacOS X 10.14.3, nor with Brave Beta 0.60.23 Chromium: 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) beta (64-bit), nor with Brave Dev 0.61.22 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) dev (64-bit). Landing page loads, log in goes fine, browsing in LinkedIn works fine. Same for 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) in Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

So it’s not on Brave to my (user) eyes.

How do you expect anyone to help if you don’t even post the OS you’re using? Type brave://version (or copy paste) in address bar and hit return to get your version.

Version 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ve tried it with Shields down.

I’m already logged in.

I was on MacOS X 10.14.2 but just upgraded and the problem persists.

OK, the only way I’m able to reproduce anything like that is by using a Private Window with Tor. LinkedIn loads, I go to login, it thinks I’m suspicious and does an e-mailed PIN, I enter the PIN, and it goes back to the login page, then the e-mailed PIN, then login page, etc. ad infinitum. But that is different from what you get, yes? Are you on a VPN or using Private Window with/without Tor?

I would actually suggest testing this while using a Private Window to see if it behaves the same way. @AgentofChange, can you test this for me?

@hnktong’s question about VPN connection is also relevant if you’re using one.

Other options:
This may also be a simple caching issue. Try the following:

1. In Brave, open the main menu
  2. Navigate to Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> See all cookies and site data
  3. Search for any/all Linkedin data stored here and clear it (note that you will have to re-authenticate into Linkedin) from the browser.
  4. Restart Brave and attempt to visit/login to Linkedin again

:point_up: Note that you can also accomplish this by clearing browsing data/history as a whole, but the above is assuming you want to keep certain site data.

Let me know what results you get from any/all of the above.

3 Likes

Worked in the private window. No problem with continuous reloading.

Problem persisted in regular window. I cleared all browsing data and the problem ceased.

Thank you both for your help!

3 Likes

My pleasure!
Feel free to open a new topic if you have any questions or need additional assistance.