Light address bar themes conflict with Brave colors selection (Appearance bug)

Description of the issue:
Some Brave icons beside address bar remain light grey with “dark” Brave colors selection, but white tab/address bar Theme. The icon color is corrected when switching to “light” “Brave colors,” so I believe it has to do with a conflict between Brave colors and compatible colors for certain themes.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Launch Brave.
  2. In Appearance settings, set “Brave colors” to “dark” or “Same as Windows,” if Windows is set to dark mode.
  3. Navigate to Chrome Web Store, and install a theme with a white tab/address bar field (ex. “Black & White,” “Classic Blue”).
  4. Observe tab/address bar icons.

Actual result:
Reload, bookmark, extension menu, and options hamburger menu icons remain nearly white, as if a dark tab/address bar is still in effect.

Screenshots included:

Expected result:
Aforementioned icons should become dark for legibility, like the behavior of the browser forward/backward buttons and like the behavior prior to the below mentioned release.

Reproduces how often:
Always. This has been an issue on first browser relaunch after browser update for at least the last 5 releases, including even bookmark bar text, but a browser restart solved the issue in the past.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave release - v1.43.88

Reproducible on current live release:
Yes

Additional Information:
I’m using Windows 11 Pro 21H2, OS Build: 22000.856. I have reset the theme to default from Appearance settings and reapplied desired theme; problem persists. I have restarted the browser and restarted the computer; problem persists. I have not tried a reinstall of Brave, but I am highly skeptical that that would resolve the issue.

Edit:
Appearance bug is also present in Downloads bar, as seen below.

This has happened to me too, I haven’t found a fix yet. So it would be helpful if someone could help hep me with this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.