Leo Premium suddenly stopped working

Description of the issue: Leo’s Premium models stopped working with “There was a network issue connecting to Leo, check your connection and try again.” after many hours of working fine.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Select any of the premium models in Leo.
  2. Say anything or ask for a summary.
  3. Get “There was a network issue connecting to Leo, check your connection and try again.” error.

Expected result: I expect Leo premium models to reply.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.60.114 Chromium: 119.0.6045.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I got my subscription to premium yesterday. I was able to use premium models for hours and they suddenly stopped working today. I have not changed my IP address if that matters. I also tried the “Refresh Leo” button in my account page to presumably reissue the anonymous token used to authenticate me but it didn’t help. The free model still works though!

EDIT: I collected some more info using brave://net-export/ to view the requests made by the Leo sidebar. It looks like it’s making the request to ai-chat.bsg.brave.com but the openresty there returns 403 and this body: {“error”:{“type”:“40301”,“message”:“model is only supported for premium users”}} But I am a premium user.

Hi @Tritonio, thanks for the detailed bug report. I think I see what could be the problem. If possible, could you share your SKUs state with me? This will help me confirm. You can fetch that by visiting brave://skus-internals in the URL bar, clicking ‘Fetch SKUs State’, then ‘Copy’. You can either DM here, or email it to me at nick@brave.com.

Hi Nick. Emailed! o7

2 Likes

Thanks @Tritonio - received. I confirmed the issue is that you have used all your premium credentials for the current time period. So it is expected that premium models are unavailable to you at the current moment, however we should be doing a better job indicating what’s going on. I logged this issue for that which you can track here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/34261.

The good news is that you already have a new batch of premium credentials that will become valid at 2023-11-10T20:18:06, in about an hour. If things are still broken then, please let me know.

5 Likes

Thank you, that makes sense. I’ll wait and report back if there’s still an issue. And yes a way to check the remaining tokens and the reset time would be very useful to have. :slight_smile:

Thanks for providing this feature with it’s privacy features. It’s helping me tidy up tabs and bookmarks that were pilling up.

1 Like

Hello, I have exactly the same issue than @Tritonio
I suscribed to Leo premium on 09/11 and stop the auto-renew subscription.
In my plan subscriptions, I still have access to Leo Premium until 09/12

claude-instant model has worked only one day then I got the network issue message :
There was a network issue connecting to Leo, check your connection and try again

@nvonpentz, can I send you my SKUs state in order to check if its the same root cause than Tritonio ?

Hi @trifly - Thanks for reporting. I took a look at your SKUs state, it seems you may have encountered a different issue. I logged an issue internally, and we are looking in to it.

2 Likes

Hello @nvonpentz,

Thanks for your return,
I’m waiting forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

Hello @nvonpentz,

Any news about the issue raised internally ?

Hi @trifly, I have a brief update now: we’ve merged this fix for your issue - SKUs: fixes a bug preventing cancelled state from getting credentials. If you’re using the Nightly version of Brave, you should be able to update and use it now.

2 Likes

Hi @nvonpentz,

I confirm that with Nightly version, issue seems to be resolved :slight_smile:

Following this problem, would it be possible to extend my subscription period proportionally to the period of unavailability (the problem appeared 1 day after subscription on Nov 10) ?

Thanks again !

@trifly Thanks for following up. We’ve re-enabled their subscription for $0 and set it to end on December 31st. You may have received an email for a $0 invoice. Thanks for your patience. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.