Latest update stopped Brave working with Groupy

I just accepted a Brave update to the latest version [Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)] and found that it no longer works correctly with the Groupy window grouping application from Stardock Software

When dragging one Brave window over another Brave window with the Groupy control keys pressed, the windows are no longer grouped together by the Groupy application.

Brave version: Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The same problem occurs with the latest versions of the Chrome browser and the MS Edge Chromium-based browser, so it’s likely a change in the Chromium code.

The Stardock people know about this problem, and I thought you should be aware also.

2 Likes

@dlorde,
Appreciate you reaching out about this. I’ll make sure to forward this info to the team.

I just had a response from the Groupy team - Google have apparently rolled back the relevant code change, and the Chrome browser now cooperates with Groupy as expected.

Now waiting for Brave and the MS Edge Beta to update to the latest changes.

OK, the latest Brave update (Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)) has fixed the problem with Groupy.

Better late than never :wink:

Thanks to all!

1 Like