LastPass issues persist in Beta

Hello Brave Team,

So excited to be part of this new world of browsing experience.

I am experiencing issues very similar to the ones reported here:

Those were reported in 0.23.104 and fixed in 0.23.105, however mine show in Beta (Version 0.55.10 Chromium: 70.0.3538.22 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)). Windows 10 64bit, 1803, build 17134.230.

I checked for the same behavior in regular Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) and could not replicate the issues there, they seem to be happening in Brave only.

1. LastPass doesn’t remember my PC/Brave as trusted for 30 days, and prompts me every single time for 2 factor auth.
  2. After using 2 factor auth, LastPass displays the error “An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your Internet connection.” After this a red error bar appears at the top. After closing the bar and/or the error message, LastPass DOES connect normally. I think this is where my issue differs from some of the ones reported in the link above.

Incidentally, I re-installed my Windows 10 between those tests, and after a clean installation the issue with LastPass persists.

Cheers!

I’m actually unable to reproduce this. LastPass extension works as intended. This is likely an issue with security settings. To test, navigate to Settings --> Brave Shields Defaults and under Cookie Control, select Allow all cookies

Try the login/2fa process with LastPass again and see if it behaves the same way.

Hi there, so I set the Brave Shields Default to Allow all cookies and the issues seem to have gone away (knock on wood).

That’s very good news! So now all my websites have the shield setting to Allow all cookies as well :frowning:

Is there a way to change this setting only for the LastPass extension? I tried changing it for lastpass.com and it didn’t seem to work.

I see this one is logged as an issue already: Some of Brave's Default Shields settings breaking extensions · Issue #1380 · brave/brave-browser · GitHub

1 Like
closed #5