LastPass is unable to connect to servers; persistent error messages displayed

Hello,

I’m not really sure if this is really the place to post this, but the built-in Brave extension for LastPass seems to be faulty after the latest Brave update released. The extension’s icon hue shows yellow despite being logged in (a yellow color means that something isn’t working properly), and a banner displays on every page I visit every few minutes with the message:

An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your internet connection.

This message has been popping up pretty frequently over the past half-hour, particularly whenever I visit a new webpage.

You can see both the message and the extension error here (the LastPass extension is on the top right corner):

My Operating System is macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

My Brave Version:

5 Likes

Same issues occurring for me since updating. Was working fine before and updated 5 minutes ago. Browser restarted and now I get constant error messages.

Same here, I just got Brave working great now I can’t do anything without my LastPass… Crap got to use Chrome again until they fix… I’m on Win 10.

Thanks for reporting @helpmelilb @SamR @Panningforcoin,

To make sure:

• LastPass is working fine with previous version and atopped working after update?
  • Did you all have Site isolation enabled under Preferences > Security?

Site Isolation is turned off:

Should it be turned on?

I’m not sure about others, but the Vault itself works for me if I click on it twice (after I exit out of the error message). Auto-fill is stuck, and I can’t reach passwords from site pages, but keeping the LastPass vault open and copy/pasting passwords when need be seems to work. It takes a little longer to access passwords, but you can still do it.

So it’s not a major problem, it’s just kind of a nuisance because the banners keep popping up, and you have to go through another step to access your usernames and passwords that would otherwise be auto-fill data.

I tried it both ways, site isolation on/off, makes no difference. Last pass unable to connect to server. How are you accessing the vault? I can’t get it to connect at all after the update.
Thanks

Are you using the LastPass plugin that Brave offers officially in the about:preferences#extensions tab, or did you install the LastPass Chrome/Firefox extension yourself?

I don’t know if that makes a difference, but if you’re using the Brave-offered version, then click on the right-hand corner of the screen where the LastPass icon is, and when it says:

An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your Internet connection.

Just press the “Ok” button or the “x” on the right corner. If you click the same icon again, the message should disappear and you can click “Open My Vault” under your profile.

Unable to authenticate to LastPass as well. I can access LastPass through another browser (Safari) on the same computer, but both the extension and the login page at lastpass.com do not work. This issue appeared right after the latest update.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Worked on my previous version - Mac user.
Site isolation is off.

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes it was working A OK until the update then it broke. No prob getting lastpass on other browsers now. This is ‘update’ related for sure’. As soon as I updated lastpass could not connect.

+1s from @Jeff9000 @MarkPet via LastPass connection problem with new Brave update

+1s from @Nowhere via Latest Update and LastPass

Thank you all for the info. cc @Mattches @LaurenWags @sriram to help take a look on this issue.

No, I did not have site isolation enabled.

Dennis M. Demby

I tried using LastPass with the Site Isolation feature turned on and was prompted to login. After I logged in, the extension reverted back to the bugged state, like before.

Hope this helps

I have the same issue since last update and have strict site isolation toggled off.

You can login to the vault via the website. I’ve had that fix extension login problems for me in the past, but no dice in this case.

To make sure: LastPass is working fine with previous version and atopped working after update?

YES. IT WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL THE RESTART AFTER UPDATING.

Did you all have Site isolation enabled under Preferences > Security?

NO.

Is there a way to roll back to the older version??? It worked great!

Thank you all for the report. Just received info that the team is aware of this issue and working on it. You can follow the progress here
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/14841

I’m sorry for the inconveniences and thank you again for reaching out.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

In the meantime, is there anyway to revert to the previous version? If so, I’d truly appreciate someone posting a link to that download. Better yet, have a drop down menu with all previously released versions in reverse chronological order. Thanks for considering this suggestion.

1 Like

Worked fine until last update. SMH. Now I have to use Opera