Lastpass extension stopped working and now doesn't work properly

I never had a problem with Lastpass and Brave until a couple of weeks ago. Then the right click menu and form filler stopped working (i.e. it wouldn’t appear at all in the right click menu). Further the icon at the top of the page, when you right clicked it came up blank.

Removed the extension and then re-installed it.

Now the icon works and there is a Lastpass item on the right-click menu. However the right-click menu doesn’t do anything, so it is essentially useless.

No changes in Lastpass functionality in the Chrome browser, so it must be a Brave issue.
Any help appreciated. I keep having to go back to Chrome, but I want to use Brave.

It works for me fine

About -
Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) | Windows 10 (Whatever is the latest build) :smile:

TRY UNinstalling Brave Completely With IOBIT Uninstaller &
Install It again. It will fix the issue.

Tutorial -

Installing - Support.Brave.com
UnInstalling - IOBit.com

@Despaxious,
Do other extensions still work as intended (specifically the right-click to open the context menu)? Also, can you go to brave://flags and search for a flag called #extension-toolbar-menu and disable it (make sure you relaunch the browser when prompted)?

Hi, @Despaxious. I’ve almost always just left-clicked the LastPass extension icon to log in and to use the extension, or else clicked the icon that pops up in form fields on login pages. Could you maybe try the left-clicking thing and see if it works? Also, what version of Brave are you using? (brave://version in address bar will get you there).

I didn’t even know that right-clicking the extension icon did anything other than provide things to do do the extension, but now I’ve tried it and it seems to work (contextually - pop-out is just bottom 4 items if there’s no login on the page, for example):
That capture is in macOS, but I get the same thing in Windows (Brave Nightly 0.72.11 Chromium: 77.0.3865.65 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) on macOS 10.14.6, Brave Nightly 0.72.9 Chromium: 77.0.3865.65 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) on Windows 10 1903 (Build 18362.356) - yeah I have to update it))

Thank you for teaching me a new way to use the extension!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.