LastPass extension doesn't stay logged in after quitting Brave on MacOS

Just installed Brave for the first time and had this issue…

Description of the issue:
I am experiencing this issue using Brave v 1.30.87 on MacOS BigSur v11.6 using LastPass extension v 4.81.

After quitting Brave and restarting the browser, the LastPass extension needs to be logged in again. The LastPass extension is in a very confused state upon restarting the browser. It asks to reauthenticate (I have 2FA turned on), but this always fails. Cancelling out of the re-authentication popup leaves the LastPass extension icon colored black, which means it is not active. At this point, I log into LastPass using my email/password and everything is working after that. I don’t have any browser data cleared on exit—nothing checked in Settings | Privacy and Security | Clear Browser Data | On Exit.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Start Brave, using the LastPass extension.
  2. Log into the LastPass using the LastPass extension. Complete 2FA.
  3. LastPass extension icon turns red, which means it’s operational.
  4. Quit Brave.
  5. Restart Brave.
  6. LastPass extension requests re-authentication. LastPass extension will attempt to re-authenticate in a loop forever.
  7. Cancel LastPass re-authentication. At this point, LastPass extension icon will be black, meaning LastPass is not logged in and is not operational.
  8. Select the LastPass extension icon and log in. 2FA is not necessary; it is still active. At this point, the Last Pass extension icon will red, which means it’s operational.

Expected result:

1. Start Brave, using the LastPass extension.
  2. Log into the LastPass using the LastPass extension. Complete 2FA.
  3. LastPass extension icon turns red, which means it’s operational.
  4. Quit Brave.
  5. Restart Brave.
  6. LastPass extension icon will be red, meaning it is operational.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.