Description of the issue: The LastPass extension gives you the option to remember the login email and the password. Ticking ‘remember email’ is very useful as you don’t want to type that everytime Brave is started. Ticking ‘remember password’ is not recommended and I don’t do that. What Brave does is, if you tick ‘remember email’ the first time you start Brave, it unticks the button the second time you open Brave. The email is still shown there, but the button is unticked. Now, if you put in the password and proceed, the third time you start Brave and LastPass, the email is also cleared because you didn’t tick the ‘remember email’ button (since Brave unnecessarily cleared it the second time you started).
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Start Brave, click the LastPass extension
- Put in your email and password. Tick ‘remember email’. After login, close Brave.
- Start Brave, click the LastPass extension.
- The email is entered but the ‘remember email’ button is unticked. Login with password without ticking anything. Close Brave.
- Start Brave and the extension. The email is cleared and you will have to type it in again.
Expected result: The tick shouldn’t be cleared by Brave in the second start up.
Reproduces how often: Always
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 10, Brave version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149