LastPass Authentication Issue

Hi,

Everytime I close and re-open Brave, I’m being forced to re-authenticate my LastPass account (I have 2FA authentication enabled). This is becoming painful, as this might happen 2-3 times in an average browsing session (I close my browser a lot). This is happening despite me selecting the ‘Authorise for 30 day’ option. I presume this is to do with a setting cleared at the end of browsing, but I never ran into such errors on Chrome, despite using Click&Clean, with all cleaning options enabled.

Another issue I’ve noticed - unrelated to LastPass - is you can’t login to the Brave community with the site shield settings enabled - forced to disable. Receive ‘Unknown Error’. Just seems a bit odd I can’t use Brave’s own security measures on its own website.

rem0

Hi what brave version are you using and what operating system are you on? :slight_smile: @rem0rseful

This happens if you have enabled to delete all site cookies when Brave closes. There is an issue open for the same scenario you have mentioned. You can track the issue here

Community doesn’t require shields to be disabled. Could be due to a bad cached page. Try clearing the cache once and check if it works fine with shields up.

This happens if you have enabled to delete all site cookies when Brave closes under security There is an issue open for the same scenario you have mentioned.

Ah, did not notice that when I first tried to search for the issue.
Glad someone has noticed it as well. Possible to have a developer look into it - if they’re not already?

Community doesn’t require shields to be disabled. Could be due to a bad cached page. Try clearing the cache once and check if it works fine with shields up.

Cleared, but no result.
Not much of an issue, anyway.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hope this also works for you:

This was resolved for me after setting shields down on both lastpass and www.lastpass .com (which I incidentally seem to remember having to do with NoScript back in the day). Noticed a 2 count on the Brave extension icon when logging into the lastpass site.