Description of the issue:
last.fm has a feature in which it connects with spotify’s desktop app to play music. As far as I can tell, this feature is broken on Brave.
Strangely enough, the feature does work when used in a private window.
Shields up/ shields down makes no difference.
Erasing history (cookies) does not help.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into last.fm with an account connected to a spotify premium account.
- Begin playback on a song that is available on spotify.
- image|382x183 In the top left of the screen, hover over the ‘youtube’ icon and click change playback source.
- Under ‘playback preferences’ click Spotify. Press ‘Save Changes’
- Return to last.fm’s main page and begin playback on any song available on spotify.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The website is unable to connect to spotify.
On chrome, or in a brave private window, spotify simply plays the song in question after the desired device is selected.
Reproduces how often:
Consistently, every time I try to play music through spotify from last.fm.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Education, Version 20H2
Version 1.27.111 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I have heard that some extensions like privacy badger sometimes interfere with spotify’s API, producing similar issues on other browsers. I know that brave has similar functionality built-in, so I would imagine that to be the root cause.
Thank you for your consideration.