Lag, white screen and black screen issues at random times

Description of the issue:
In the last 2 weeks or so I have been experiencing constant issues with browser lag when I scroll on websites, as well as occational white and black screens seemingly out of nowhere. I have tried to reset browser settings and remove cookies, which seemed to help for a short time before it came back. I have not experienced this issue before, so I’m not sure what it could be. I have a powerful laptop (Ryzen 7, RTX3060), so I know that’s not the issue.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Lag: Any time I scroll down on a website, or move around/interract with the website, there seems to be a lag for a second or 2 before it keeps going. The lag happens every few seconds on most websites.
White/black screen: This happens more rarely, but seems to be related to when I open an already loaded tab in the browser. Black screen usually happens during Youtube videos.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
It causes me to have a very limited browsing experience with the constant lag and occational white/black screens in browser. I have no screenshots.

Expected result:
For the browser to work as it has before, with no lag or white/black screen.

Reproduces how often:
Lag: every few seconds when interracting with a website.
White/black screen: Perhaps once or twice per day.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Brave Version 1.52.130 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Additional Information:
I have recently installed Protonmail as a browser app, but I’m not sure this is the cause. All of my addons are disabled and nothing else has been changed from before.

Just a sample site to test against? Also what does the Brave task manager show in resources?

The lag issue seems to happen on any website. Sometimes it goes away for a bit and then comes back.
The task manager looks like this, with some extra websites below:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.