Keeping Brave updated on High Sierra

I cannot update MacOS past High Sierra. Hence cannot update Brave to later version than
Version 1.57.64 Chromium: 116.0.5845.188 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is there anything I can do, or am I stuck with an outdated and non-supported Brave?

You can upgrade your OS. Apple generally provides free updates to newer operating systems.

If you keep your older OS in which support had been dropped, even by Apple, then you won’t be able to get newer versions of Brave. The below notice has been out for several months now, with me sharing it with people since at least November 2023.

My Mac Pro’s last version of MacOS is as stated; if I change my video card to Metal I could move to Mojave, but this will apparently only postpone the inevitable. This is a pity, as I do like Brave. Ho hum . . .

@denham62 yeah, but you’ll encounter this everywhere.

Firefox stopped supporting: https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/firefox-latest-update-is-last-one-for-macos-sierra-mojave/

Chrome and any chromium browser stopped.

It’s just the world we’re getting to. As systems and OS deprecate, people can’t keep providing updates for it. Not only is it because of difference in capabilities and the extra time/money to make it work, but it’s just monetization in encouraging people to keep updating/upgrading.