Kaspersky finds Trojan in Brave files

I have installed Brave yesterday and this morning I got this notification from Kaspersky

I don’t have any weird extensions except Lastpass and a Webex plugin.

**Brave Version(about:brave): Version 0.56.14 Chromium: 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @braveUser89,

It’s a known false-positive issue for some times now. You may want to whitelist Brave for now. The team is already in contact to solve this issue. Auto-updater for Dev builds is detected as trojan by Kaspersky Antivirus

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for letting me know

Did you click on the link from eljuno? It tells you how to perform a Brave Update / Installation without being disturbed by Kaspersky.

I go into About and if it needs update I’ll do it
Edit: Can’t whitelist it cause it’s company PC

Couldn’t you ask an admin to temporarily disable Kaspersky? Sorry, I’m not familiar with this area (administration). But if you can’t quit Kaspersky (my method), you will have to wait until Kaspersky “officially” whitelists the program.

Sorry

1 Like

I got so tired of dealing with the issue that I uninstalled Kaspersky. My subscription runs out in a couple of weeks and I’m going to try something else. The workaround does work, unless you’re like me and forget what you had for breakfast yesterday.

1 Like

I recommend Bitdefender :wink::+1:

I’ve decided to give Windows Defender a chance. Seems it has improved significantly from its early days. Should it not be up to the task, Bitdefender will be one of the first I’ll try. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like