Kaspersky blocking something

Briefly describe your issue: kaspersky antivirus warning and blocking websites

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? windows 10 , 1.44.105

**Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)**no

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? no

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? yes

kaspersky bloacking shoreeds. com website ,and im not opening it
looks like brave silently trying to send data to shoreeds. com

kaspersky log

Event: Access denied
User: DESKTOP\Dell
User type: Active user
Application name: brave.exe
Application path: C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application
Component: Web Anti-Virus
Result description: Blocked
Type: Threat of data loss
Name: https://shoreeds. com/5/5379174
Precision: Exactly
Threat level: High
Object type: Web page
Object name: 5379174
Object path: https://shoreeds. com/5
Reason: Cloud Protection

Posted in wrong section

The site might be bad or it may be a false positive.

Some Anti virus have flagged it as malicious.

Make an edit to remove the URL from your post so that users on this forum do not open the link.

thanks for replying
can you tell me in which section should i post this problem

i editted ,and put space so that people can not go to that site

but the real question is that why brave trying to open that site secretly ??

@mkumar I’ll move it over. You had placed this in Rewards Support. But it seems your issue has nothing to do with Rewards. It would more appropriately belong in a place like Browser Support, which is where I’ll be placing it as soon as this reply is made.

Brave is not trying to go there, your browser is going there.
Meaning check your cookies, check in your settings if there is anything related to the site.

Do a deep scan via Kaspersky or Malwarebytes for any malware on your device.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be opening anything secretly and wouldn’t be sharing data. There’s a few things to keep in mind.

If you get any virus, cookie, malware, or other such thing on your device, it will hide in places like Brave or whichever web browser you use. Places like Kaspersky will see where it’s hiding and inform you that’s where it’s at. So in this case, it’s showing you that it was something in Brave. What it doesn’t tell you is what extension you have installed, what cookies, or anything else.

In any case, all this is saying is that some website or some malware on your device might have tried to access Brave or your device to get information. It was stopped and you were alerted. Now the only question is which extension, website, cookie, or whatever else caused it?

(Someone who knows more may be able to respond and give you more technical answers. Mine is just the basic understanding and description)

2 Likes

thanks you saoiray, but i didnt installed any extension,and did full scan it didnt found anything
however after restarting ,problem looks like gone

and scanning with hitman pro found hundreds of tracking cookies from chrome and brave ,i removed all

i was in stress why brave opening sites again and again where only youtube was opened

looks like something is trying to open

my last question should i reported this problem kaspersky team also??

thanks for replying but i dont know how to check cookies ??

i scanned with hitman pro ,it found many coockies under tracking cookies ,i cleaned all

so cookies can open site without user permission ??

Not sure if they can do anything, but you can always feel comfortable reaching out if you’d like. If you’re saying sites were opening continuously, then it sounds like you had adware on your device. It can install itself in places other than your browser but then it tries to open your browser to show you ads to try to install other items.

Well, guessing it’s possible that Kaspersky had stopped it, hence the notice you received. But it’s always good to have checked to see if anything else was lingering.

Would hope there weren’t many from Brave and that the majority were on Google. If you did have a lot on Brave, it might be time for you to reconsider your Shield settings to try to limit them.

Hopefully no issue then. There are always lots of points of entry on our devices. It sounds like you have some tools you’re using to try to keep things safe, which is always good. Just keep in mind that when you receive notifications like you did, it’s showing location where the problem occurred…not the origin of the problem.

With Kaspersky, has been some occasional false positives too. Like notifications that “Brave is trying to access your camera” even though it isn’t. What happened is the site had functionality for camera and Brave was checking if you even had a camera so it could try to ask if you wanted to activate it or so it’s ready when/if you used it. But just that checking for compatibility was enough to trigger Kaspersky to think it was trying to access it and spy on you! lol.

Guess saying that last part to say always good to ask questions and learn. Sometimes messages/alerts happen which appear different than really is occurring.

1 Like

Btw, if you’re not familiar with adware, you can check out https://www.malwarebytes.com/adware or https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/threats/adware

thanks again

and yes most of the the tracking cookies from google

i always use paid apps ,never downloaded any cracked app

looks like kaspersky took action ,after that didnt faced any problem

( to be honest ,im not scared of these spyware ,adware,virus ,what im scared is from ransomware , i have 150+ gb important data ,and i can use cloud storage because they are costly ,and onces ransomware enters your system then you cant do anything

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.