Just installed Brave; having issues with VPN

Please provide us with the following information

Win 10 desktop

Win 10 desktop

Installed Brave on a 2nd PC running current Win 10. Previous browser Chrome. Went to email and clicked activation (already subscribed) and was taken to a Brave browser screen that notified me I was logged in and must refresh using an oval blue button. The button didn’t seem to refresh and the VPN tab didn’t have the on/off function but appeared as before subscription offering a free trial. I rebooted the PC and tried again with same result. Also cleared cache and still not able to see the VPN on/off; only the 7 day free trial info.

@wiredgeorge,
To help you diagnose this issue, we may need to ask for some potentially sensitive information. Can you please submit a ticket to us using the form link below and someone will be more than happy to assist you:

Once submitted, you can share the ticket number you are given here so I can make sure someone takes a look asap.

Thank you

“Your invoice/receipt can be found in your email you used to register with Brave Premium. Please enter it using the format it was sent in (ex. 01234567-8910)”

I must have deleted this email; is there another way to get the Premium Account Invoice Number? This is starting to become a bit of an irritation trying to get a VPN which is paid for working. Can’t submit the help center ticket. Thanks George

@wiredgeorge why do you say that? The invoice is not a required field. It asks for it, but there’s no image on it. Just fill out everything else. They primary thing they’ll try to look at is your email that you provide as having been associated.

“Please enter your Premium Account Invoice number
don’t have it must have deleted it
Please enter your Premium Account Invoice number: is invalid
Your invoice/receipt can be found in your email you used to register with Brave Premium. Please enter it using the format it was sent in (ex. 01234567-8910)”

You are right; I had typed that I don’t have it and of course the format of that reply wasn’t liked. The ticket is now submitted.

1 Like

ticket number is 262492 - thanks

This person asked for output of console and it was sent but have not heard back so I asked if the submission I sent had been received and have not received a response:
“Adama (Brave Software)” [email protected];

I believe this was the info that was requested:

4.BtyajOVr.js:29 INFO /home/husobee/brave/repos/brave-browser/src/brave/components/skus/browser/rs/lib/src/sdk/mod.rs:70 skus sdk initialized environment = production;version = 95244db19d;
4.BtyajOVr.js:41 Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘length’)
(anonymous) @ 4.BtyajOVr.js:41
The resource was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window’s load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate as value and it is preloaded intentionally.

Went back to my wife’s PC after being asked to supply amplifying information and VPN worked properly. Please close the ticket.

1 Like