JPEG XL (JXL) images not working in Brave 1.48

Description of the issue:
Brave is no longer displaying JPEG XL (jxl) images correctly.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Open Brave desktop browser

2. Go to website: https://jpegxl.info/art/2021-04_jon.html

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Images are not working.

Expected Result:
Images should be visible as before.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave release Versio 1.48.158 Chromium: 110.0.5481.77

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
JXL images have been working until now. I realize it’s a matter of support for JPEG XL images and that it was removed from Chromium. Please add it back into Brave soon! I would like to be able to view JPEG XL images I create/share and store in the cloud, through the browser and not have to open them up in a specialized desktop application. I hope Brave can differentiate itself from Chrome as Google is making an unwise choice not supporting the new format.

We wouldn’t overule Chromium here, if they change their mind and re-add it then Brave would follow.

As Brave adds functionality missing from Chromium like Shields, could JXL support be one such feature?

I have no idea how much work maintaining the code takes, but at least there’s the already existing and working code from the previous Chromium version that could be imported into Brave.

Perhaps this news is helpful for the Brave developers: Thorium’s JPEG XL code now available for other Chromium forks to use. https://www.reddit.com/r/jpegxl/comments/125o6ud/thorium_libjxl_switched_to_bsd_licence/

Looks like a no-brainer to me. Waiting for Chrome to adopt something is a chicken & egg scenario.

Including a 3rd-party patch like Thorium’s JPEG XL, if there is a vulnerabilty or bug we would be reliant on a unsupported 3rd-party patch to fix it. And fix it asap.

Having something in upstream Chromium gives it some level of support. Wider level of eyes on the code and fixes.