Javascript error causing some pages to load as white screen

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve noticed that some pages will initially load as a white screen (randomly). Simply refreshing will not load the page but Cntrl + F5 will. Looking at the console shows an error:

uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘insertBefore’)

• at Function.f.injectUrl*

I should mention that all of the pages in question are hosted by the same company (Mendix). This is their developer portal, as well as web-based apps that we have created using the Mendix platform. I would dismiss this as a Mendix issue if the pages did not consistently work properly on all of the other browser I have installed (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge). However, they all work, every time. Also, I’ve been using this browser and all of these pages for many months. the issue is recent.

I’ve seen evidence that this error has effected Chome in years past but has since been resolved.

Any ideas?

Seems to be a popular error https://www.google.com/search?q=uncaught+(in+promise)+TypeError:+Cannot+read+properties+of+null+(reading+‘insertBefore’)&sxsrf=APq-WBvQb7qm3Guv80Aoy4nxQT2_n8woiA:1649192130566&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:y&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF_e645_32AhVH-aQKHWT1BYgQpwV6BAgBEBk&biw=2517&bih=1293

From what I see its serverside error. Is there front facing site that shows the error message? does changing any shield settings help?

There is no error message displayed. I just happened to catch it by looking at the console. Also, no luck with the Shield settings/ Thanks for the response.

Just wanted to provide an update: This seems to have improved substantially. Truthfully, I’m not sure if this was the result of the latest update to Brave or one of the many frequent updates on the Mendix side. Hopefully, this is the end of it. I found myself having to use Chrome for demos at work(needed to shower afterwards) as it was tedious having to explain the white screen to users: “It’s not the application, it’s the browser. See?” So, all is well here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.