It would be nice to fully switch to Brave but many videos don't play

Hello,

I am new user and installed Brave 3 days ago, I was using Edge because I am not the ones that care much about installing 3rd party browsers and all. But I decided to give Brave a chance because Facebook on Edge is broken commenting on live streams and Brave works so much faster than Edge on facebook.

So I wanted to switch to Brave 100% or 99%

But Brave doesn’t seem to be able to load many videos when shields are up, once I “Show ads” the video starts working, no problems. but what is the point of using Brave is I can’t use the adblocking?

Websites that I have tested and Brave doesn’t work are teletica.com, multimedios.cr / multimedios.com, and channels from rojadirecta.me, livetv.sx and other websites like that.
Many of the games or livestreams on those websites I can even watch on tv but sometimes I have to be on the computer and use websites for that even with the delay and all.

But what I have noticed about Brave ads blocked log in Teletica, multimedios is that there is always a “blob:” entry on it being blocked, for example: “blob:http://mdstrm.com/9a86548b-71f4-4826-8104-8ceae0c41e46” and that should be the one that would bring the media to be played by the browser.

I thought new update couldn’t fix these issues but no, and while it’s not a big issue since I will still use Brave for Facebook live streams like I planned before and most websites, it would be nice to be able to do everything on Brave and don’t depend on Edge to watch other type of streams.

I hope you have a good day and thanks for your work on the browser!

Brave: 0.23.19
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: 178c3fbc045a0cbdbe098db08307503cce952081
Muon: 7.1.3
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Tor: 0.3.3.7 (git-035a35178c92da94)
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.87

Thank you for the feedback. This is a known webcompatibilty issue on certain sites. The reason it gets blocked is because of the pre-roll ad being blocked. There is an issue logged for similar problem on a different site. I’ve added +1 on your behalf on the issue. You can track the issue here

Oh nice! thanks so much! I will keep an eye on Brave Github and hopefully it gets fixed soon!
I like Brave even if it misses couple features and has these small issues. :ok_hand:
Have a good day!

I want to report that this has been fixed, now videos play fine. and It’s nice to know I will not depend on Edge to do these kind of things, now if something doesn’t play it is only about adjusting the Shields settings like Allowing All cookies, which happens on Repretel website.
So, thank you so much! :+1: