Issues with LBRY.tv

@Mattches

Ok, so this is important b/c it’s stopping me from doing my activism work.

At first I thought it was LBRY & a bug on there end & I told them it was so now I’m ashamed b/c when I went to Chrome b/c I really needed to upload a video, the same issue wasn’t there.

I upload a video & then I go to upload another one & the content from some, if not all) of the title & description fields is still in there from the last video.

Then LBRY thinks I’m trying to upload another video on top of the previous one & even if I try to remove it, it will tell me there’s an error.

It’s a lot of stress & I can’t upload anything.

I did try to delete the cache, then the cookies & that cleared things, but then 2 videos later, I was back to the same issue.

I go to Chrome & everything is empty. I just went now & same thing, empty, although to be honest, I haven’t uploaded anything to Chrome to see if it does it after I do an upload, but why would it be fine on Chrome & not Brave?

Can you please tell me when this will be fixed?

I don’t want to have to use goolag.

Thanks

We need to know what’s causing the issue first, before sorting any fix.

Does changing any shields settings help with the issue?

Make a quick fix and cleanup. https://github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/058e23f2b052bebfe4ed59a15581b4d4ce78bad9

2 Likes

That’s how lbry.tv works. I’ve had the same issue in Firefox on Windows 10. The site just seems to save some of the info when you upload videos.

I have all shields down.

They did say they know about the bug, but the bug isn’t happening in Chrome.

I don’t use Fx, so I don’t know about that.

What do you want me to do with Github? That’s all Greek to me. LOL

Thanks

I went to test the site on my end only to discover you need to verify/earn/buy some form of credits in order to upload content, so I’m not able to test. It’s hard to tell what could be happening here – some things you might still try are:

• Create a new temp profile, login to the site using that profile and attempt to upload your videos the same way and see if you get the same behavior.
  • In Brave, try to upload the videos in the same way and when you see the error that you are describing, open the dev tools window (Menu --> More options --> Dev tools), click on the Console tab, and share a screenshot of any output that appears on the console.

I’m just going to leave this for now b/c it’s happening on Chrome, just not as much & they say they know it’s a bug.

Plus what you wanted me to do was too much right now. I’m swamped.

Thank you & I hope you are ok.

1 Like

I tried the site, its not quick. Often not showing images on the front page. And just playing a video took a while and skipping through video often didnt work.

Going by the testing, it’s server side issues

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.