Issues with Extended Desktop and New Windows

bug

I am using an extended display setup, 2 monitors. I downloaded the latest version of brave a couple of days ago, and at some point shut down my computer with a Brave windows still open on the secondary display. After that, Brave wouldn’t open on either of my displays. When I opened a window and attempted to minimize it, a brief animation showed the window minimizing from off-screen on the secondary monitor.

In order to fix this, I went with the “nuclear option” mentioned on the common issues page and removed all brave data and software then reinstalled this morning. The original window I opened has been working, but when I attempted to open a new window with ctrl + n, my machine registered a second window but I couldn’t get it to appear on my screen. I then detached a tab to form a new window and used windows + left arrow a few times to move it over to the left section of my secondary screen. It disappeared. It was still open but I was unable to access it. After closing that window and right clicking on brave to open a new window, the window works, and appropriately fits back to the primary screen when I go past the left-most option on the secondary screen. Ctrl + n is also working to open new windows.

Seems to be a bug with extended displays. I will update if I have an issue with opening Brave again.

Specs:
Windows 10
Brave: 0.18.23
rev: 36ae2ec06efed0057ae16351108bf4d4c10a7ab4
Muon: 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
V8: 6.0.286.52
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64

I believe the fix for this issue is on 0.20.x. There is an issue logged that can be tracked here
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/3558