Issues Downloading Torrent

I tried that and got the same result.

@StreetDreamer83,
So it’s hard for me to diagnose this or test it because I do not have an account for the site. After trying to download the torrent file, can you right-click on the page and pick Inspect from the context menu, then click on the Console tab in the resulting window, then share a screenshot of any output you see here?

Untitled

I would just like to reiterate that I appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

@StreetDreamer83,
Hmmm that is strange…Can you try testing the behavior in a private window as well? I’ve reached out to our web compatibility team as well for additional input.

I tried and got this error page.

@StreetDreamer83,
Are you trying to download using the built-in WebTorrent extension? Or do you have a different torrent client you’re wanting to use?

I’m wanting to use the built-in extension.

Well now I’m even more confused. When you are on the site, are you downloading the torrent file or using a magnet link?

I am attempting to download the torrent file.

Can you check and see if using a magnet link works? Can you also tell me if you have any other downloaded/third party extensions enabled at this time?

Unfortunately, the site doesn’t offer magnet links unless there is a way I can do so that I’m unaware of.

@StreetDreamer83,
Can you try creating a new temp. browser profile and see if you’re able to download torrents when using the new profile? When performing this test, ensure that you close any/all other Brave instances/windows, such that you only have one window open, using the new profile.

It did the same thing. Something that I’ve noticed though is when I first attempt to download the torrent, I am able to download the torrent file. If I try it again though, I go back to what I originally posted.

This is when you’re using the new profile?

It did it when I used the new profile and my regular one but it only does it the first time I attempt to download the torrent.

@StreetDreamer83,
I’ve reached out the team for some additional input here as I’m really not sure what the issue would be.

I am curious if you get this same behavior if you were to use other websites to download torrent files?

I have zero issues when using other torrent sites. This site is the only one where I have this problem.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. Let me reach out to some web compatibility folks and see if we can find out what’s going on.

Does the same thing happen in Chrome?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.