Description of the issue:
I print a lot of eBay Shipping labels, which I print with the ubiquitous Zebra LP 2844 thermal label printer. However since I’ve switched to brave I’ve experienced the issue that thermal labels print horribly with this browser. Since I mail items daily with them, the legibility of the label can be the different between loosing an expensive item in the mail or not. As such, lately instead of printing the thermal labels directly from the browser, I’m forced to save it locally and open it in Adobe Reader which prints the same file substantially sharper.
While the work-around is easy, it’s wasting a lot of time and accumulating hundreds of unnecessary files on my PC. I suppose it might be remedied by changing the default PDF reader, but I haven’t found how to do so. Plus it seems a bit unnecessary since this shouldn’t really be something that’s happening.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Open a pdf shipping label using the inbuilt pdf viewer in Brave and print a 4"x6" thermal label (in my case with the industry standard Zebra LP2844 Thermal Printer).
Steps Tried to Fix:
- I’ve tried reviewing settings but none seem to make an impact.
- I’ve tried printing the same exact label in Chrome and Firefox using the same exact configurations and the issue does not replicate - namely, those browsers print the label crisply.
- I don’t have other label printers to confirm if this happens with all thermal label printers or to test different variables.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Here’s a scanned copy of how Brave prints the label with blurry text, and the much better quality of the print when the same exact file is printed through Chrome or as a local download.
- To print the pdf as sharp as the same file prints when done so as a local download or other browsers. Mostly to avoid the real world cost and hassle of the package getting lost in transit.
Reproduces how often:
- Every time I try to print a thermal shipping label using the in-built pdf viewer.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.64.77 Chromium: 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 (up to date)