Muon: 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
V8: 6.0.286.52
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 6.3.9600
OS Architecture: x64

It would seem when I download pictures I wish to save, they are only saved as a generic ‘file’. They aren’t listed as JPEG, PNG or even .GIF. They also don’t show any thumbnail of the picture when I look through my pictures folder. I would say that is one of my biggest issues. I save many pictures and I can’t quickly look through them when they do not display any picture. The various images I’ve saved on chrome still show the little thumbnail picture of what they are, but the recent ones from Brave are just blank.

Then when I click on them to open them, I have to choose what program to open them with, ranging from notepad to finally a media viewer. When I look at the properties of the file, their file type is just listed as ‘File’. Could this be a setting on my end?

Example

This is what a picture saved from Brave looks like in my windows File Explorer for reference.

Hi, the issue is discussed here:

https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/1985

I’m adding another +1 to the issue. thanks

Thank you so much. I did a test for myself and yes, if I leave the default file name, it does save correctly.

Thanks for confirming. Exactly that is the bug for which we are looking for a solution. Best,