Issue where you can't click on the next tab to proceed

When having multiple tabs open, sometimes Brave locks up and you cannot switch to the next tab.

When you hover your mouse over the tab - the window shows - but clicking that tab does not register.

You cannot create a new window

Cannot activate bookmarks

You have to force exit brave via task manager to fix the issue

On which version of Brave are you experiencing this ? Does it happen after vising a specific site?

It looks like websites with high media content:

Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, Google searches, Mail platforms: Outlook Web, Gmail, Yahoo

So far, it’s only happening in these websites above.

But, I guess you can say it’s being affected platform wide because once the issue occurs you can’t break out of it.

Brave 0.16.9
rev fba98fc
Muon 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent 59.0.3071.86
V8 5.9.211.31
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.15063
os.arch x64

EDIT:
It just occured again for me, while switching from open facebook tab to youtube. I was able to break out of it this time by going to settings >> submit feedback (this page). Tried going back to youtube and it’s grayed out.

I will send a video shortly

EDIT #2:
The browser is being run off the default GPU which is the integrated GPU.
The browser won’t work with dedicated GPU (fullscreening media and videos wont work with dedicated)

I sent you a direct message with the videos. If anyone else from your staff qa team would like let me know

The issue has been captured here

@Johno do you have any specific steps to reproduce this issue? We have had several users report similar behavior. Would help if you can provide the steps

Most of the steps I took, though the issue doesn’t always occur:

Have a few tabs already open. Then click the + icon to add new tab. The new tab opens, you proceed with whatever you’re doing or site you go to - but you won’t be able to switch back to the previous tab.

OR

Have a few tabs already open, such as YouTube playing a video. Then selecting a bookmark and opening that bookmark aka Facebook. The new bookmark tab/Facebook wont open or get switched too

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.