ISSUE: Very Slow Launch When Brave is NOT Running
I am experiencing the same exact issue as reported here:
Description of the issue:
Every time I start up Brave when there are not instances of Brave active it takes about ~25 seconds to launch. When there is already an instance running Brave is running smoothly (new tabs etc.), it only happens on startup.
Differences with my setup
- I’m running the latest version of Brave:
Brave Browser 22.214.171.124 (100.1)
- I’m running macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
- It takes ~20 seconds before Brave is fully loaded.
- ALL extensions are disabled.
This is totally unacceptable
- This issue has been reported for months
- It does NOT occur with Google Chrome, Vlvaldi, or any other Chromuin-based browser
- It makes Brave Browser unusable
So, until it is fixed, I am switching to Vivaldi, and maybe I’ll find I even like it better.
Thanks for your prompt attention to this issue.