Issue in specific site, does not work only in Brave

Description of the issue:
It eternally keeps loading, important point, this issue only appears in Brave browser, the site works perfectly in other browsers as Chrome, Firefox etc.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
It affects randomly some users, disabling shields may help sometimes but the steps to reproduce is just going to the site https://app.aave.com - and for example selecting the option browser wallet (using brave wallet) or continue without wallet, does not matter specifically the option.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Or it works, or it keeps eternally loading, affects randomly some users others not, works in other browsers perfectly.

Reproduces how often:
Quite randomly, some users may never experience the issue, some others always experience it, so I would say from 20-50% range.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Multiple versions tested, always recommend to update to the latest available but it keeps failing.
Both Chrome and Mac, versions from 1.8 and above, currently failed in 1.8.90

Additional Information:
This error only happens in Brave browser, so its related with the browser itself we would like the site to work for Brave users as unfortunately right now the only option is telling the users to use another browser.

Error in the console appearing:
“Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.”

This might help a lot debugging.

If there is another way to report a bug on Brave please let me know, I would personally love to recommend Brave but literally I need to tell any visitor to use other browser because of this error, it only appears in Brave browser.

Hello, any response over this topic? Thank you

it work from my side

even while setting Trackers & ads blocking to aggresive and Fingerprinting blocking to strict

did you tried to clear your cache turn off your brave shield and try again

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Is this still happening? the page loaded without issue. Does shields affect it? @sirsoth

Hello! @justsomeone1 @fanboynz Thanks for reaching out! As pointed in the expected result it doesn’t fail everytime it affects randomly multiple users, all them accessing with their preferred crypto wallet (metamask, dapper or brave wallet for example). And from those I would say a range around 10-20% have issues. I needed several attempts to be able to replicate the error in my side (I got several users during that time notifying about the problem)

Also I found that it might be related with some extensions affecting the proper connection but its strange that it only affects our Brave users and not users of Chrome or Firefox for example.

Hope this helps to debug the issue. By now I recommend users to (as you pointed) clear cache data and cookies and disable the shields, and unfortunately it does not work for them, even some of them using incognito mode still have the same issue. Unfortunately this is becoming quite hard to debug on my side, Im trying to retrieve as much information as possible to help in this sense.

you welcome and hope @fanboynz help you with that and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @sirsoth

What does the error message look like when it fails?

Does a clean Brave profile make any difference?

Just re-tested the page, getting 2 QR requests (Coinbase, Walletconnect), Signup to Fortmatic popup, and ledger pin request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.