Issue Brave rewards with uphold since MFA activated

Briefly describe your issue:
Since I activated MFA on my uphold account my Brave rewards wallets show unverified on my 3 devices (1 win 10, 1 win 11, 1 android mobile). When I try to verify again I have an error message saying “limited uphold functionality”. It was verified on my 3 devices before I turned the MFA on in my Uphold account. Is this a known issue? What can I do?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Win 10: brave version 1.47.186
Win 11: brave version 1.47.186
Android: brave version 1.47.175

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No

What date did you verify your wallet?
25/01/2023

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes (Canada)

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes (Canada)

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes

I covered this in an FAQ, which you can see at * Limited Uphold account functionality

If solution there doesn’t help, you may need to contact Uphold directly to find out what might be missing.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer.
My Uphold account is fully verified and I have nothing left.
It was working before I activated the MFA on my Uphold account.
So I’m wondering if with MFA activated there is authorization issue? I guess you guys use OAuth2.0 for the authorization process with Uphold account.

@CyberTrap Don’t think MFA would have anything to do with it. I know I have MFA setup. Usually the message you get there means something is missing as part of CDD/KYC/AML. Sometimes it’s something as simple as a link to click on in your email, in others it’s a picture that needs to be sent, or whatever else. Unfortunately the API doesn’t report to Brave what specifically is missing. It only advises that Uphold has your account in situation of limited functionality.

If you reach out to Uphold, I’d just ask if there’s any limitations on your account and if anything you need to do. Any emails you missed, documents you need to submit, etc. Also if setting up MFA might have an impact. (If you just mention Brave error, they’ll likely default to just sending you this way, just a FYI)

Ok thanks for the answer.
I’ll reach out to them though :slight_smile:

@CyberTrap Btw, been a while since I did MFA, but I do think I remember was an issue where I had to log out of all existing connections and then reconnect using MFA. Until then, they had restrictions. Don’t quote me on that because been a while, but pretty sure memory is there on it. Guess it was safety reason as wanted to keep it restricted as did not know if I was in control of all devices that had been connected prior to change.

Figured I’d mention just in case that might be something in your situation. Otherwise, hopefully they’ll guide you in the right direction.

Hi,
You were right. The MFA as nothing to do with that, and it was a restriction on my Uphold account. It was just a coincidence it happened when I set up the MFA.
Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.