Is this browsing history or autofill form data and how do I clear it?

Description of the issue:

When I click on a search bar or fill out a form, I get a bunch of previous entries pop up underneath. I’ve cleared my cache, cookies, browsing history, and autofill form data, but it’s still there. I don’t see an option in the settings → autofill and passwords to shut this off. Improve search suggestions is off.

Expected result:

I do want Brave to autofill in the address bar, but never in search bars or forms. I’d like to clear all of the search bar and form data.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163

Additional Information:
Image of what I mean:

3 Likes

Bumping as I still haven’t received a response and want to get a solution for this issue.

@Mattches I know can instruct to do things like selecting and deleting, but that doesn’t answer their primary question. Do you know where these bits are saved? I know it’s not in autofill, don’t think it’s in cookies (though it might be), etc.

I can delete them one at a time, but there are way too many, and every time I do a search or input anything into a text box, it seems to be saving them.

Hello,
In my opinion you should try to resolve this issue in Brave Browser, follow these steps:

1. Clear Browsing Data:
  2. Check Autofill Settings:
  3. Site Settings:
  4. Extensions:
  5. Brave Version:
  6. Reset Autofill Data:
  7. Custom Search Engines:

After completing these steps, restart your browser and check if the issue persists. .

Make sure to back up any essential data before clearing browser data, as it will remove stored passwords and other browsing information.

I hope this will help you.
Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163
https://www.reddit.com/r/brave_browser/comments/183k6xs/any_fix_for_black_artifacts_yet_brave_v160118/GCP Training

Regards
Chitra Mishra

@Mattches Any suggestions?

It’s not possible in the settings yet. There’s an issue/proposal that you can support to implement it, and it shows a workaround: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/32048

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.