Is there possible obtain BRAVE FIREWALL without vpn?

Hello, I have received ad about Brave vpn+firewall, and interested only into firewall feature, coz iam already use vpn from another company (one of the best on the market), its totally covers my needs and I have big trustworthy for that company, subscribed for ages and doesn’t need to change. use it on all my devices and totally pleasured with service.
but your description about firewall and possibility to track all ap activities very interested me.

Hello!

Unfortunately, due to the requirements of Apple, the Brave Firewall + VPN is designed to work in conjunction with each other. The Firewall will only work with our VPN as all of the filtering is done in the cloud through the tunnel. This is also why we are able to stop trackers that are hidden inside apps on your device and not only in the browser. This is a system-wide firewall.

Understandable that you are happy with your current VPN provider, but we are not able to offer the firewall independently at this time.

1 Like

Hello, Shznakl, thanks for clearence.
So I misunderstood the feature. All you wrote iam already have, also in 2 options (block only harmful malware ir block it+ads+every tracking), that’s realized by custom dns soution (ifc not public like cloudflara etc, but dns-servers my vpn provider), looks like yours will be work by same scheme.

But I was very interested to realtime see what every app on my phone (android btw) connection and where, so shortly said - its full network activities…

So again thanks for your time and clearance reply. :+1:Have all good!

Hello, Shznakl, thanks for clearence.

The Firewall will only work with our VPN as all of the filtering is done in the cloud through the tunnel.<

So I misunderstood the feature. All you wrote iam already have, also in 2 options (block only harmful malware ir block it+ads+every tracking), that’s realized by custom dns soution (ifc not public like cloudflara etc, but dns-servers my vpn provider), looks like yours will be work by same scheme.

But I was very interested to realtime see what every app on my phone (android btw) connection and where, so shortly said - its full network activities…

So again thanks for your time and clearance reply. :+1:Have all good!