Is there a way to disable autofill popups in search bars?

Hello, I was wondering if there way to disable the popups from previous searches in search bars (not autocomplete for the address bar, the pic below has an example).

It seems like some search bars save searches like this and some don’t. For this one in particular it gets in the way.

Windows 11
Version 1.58.135 Chromium: 117.0.5938.140

I appreciate the help

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I do not think there is a way to disable these entirely unless you disable all autofill types (Settings --> Autofill and passwords and disable pw autofill, payment autofill and “addresses & more” autofill).

However, you can delete specific/individual autofill entires, which might do the trick for you. So in this example, go to the form you’re on in your screenshot, click in the form field and when you see that pop-up, use the up-arrow to move up through that list and highlight the entires. Once highlighted, press Shift + Delete and the entry should be removed.

Hello, thank you for the reply. I don’t need to save phone numbers or anything like that, so that sounds perfect. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.