Is there a way to create persistent dashboard buttons?

So… first time poster!

Yay, for me. I’m a sysadmin and love this product. However, I’m trying to find a way to keep my dashboard icons persistent and can’t find any settings in any of the Brave preferences to help accomplish this. And by “this”, I mean this:

My info:
macOS 10.12.5
Brave 0.15.2
rev af7ef42
Muon 2.58.9
libchromiumcontent 58.0.3029.96
V8 5.8.283.37
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform darwin
os.release 16.6.0
os.arch x64

Easy enough to recreate:

1. Open Brave
  2. modify your dashboard items
  3. Quit Brave
  4. Re-check your dashboard. They’ll all be gone.

Hi @TallFunnyJew,

What you mean by “gone”? Are you enable this setting that will clear your history everytime you quit Brave? Thumbnail that appears in dashboard is generated by your history. So, (at this time) if you clear your history, the thumbnail will vanish. – There’s an open issue related to this.

And about this, you can pin the thumbnail. Here’s a record to explain this

Hope this can help.
Thank you,
:slight_smile:

@eljuno – hey thanks for the quick turnaround and the video loop. That was super nice of you! Cheers. To answer your points:

Yes: I was already pinning my dashboard buttons.
Yes: I was also wiping browsing history. And, it would seem: that might be the issue. I’ll check and get back to you.

However, I should mention: I couldn’t find any help pages (including on the github wiki) which explained that clearing browsing the browsing cache also wipes your dashboard shortcuts.

Lastly, I appreciate that you’ve linked to the open issue on the github pages. I looked there first and didn’t find anything like my issue. I didn’t equate the posters “Top site tiles” to the dashboard, I guess.

Anyhoo: I posted a response there as well so thank ye.

Because it happen to me too, I believe that’s the issue. :wink:

I hope I’m not giving the wrong answer. :slight_smile: In the github issue that I shared earlier, said in 0.12.15, the thumbnail still there even you clear the browsing history/data. So, when the thumbnail gone after clearing, it’s a known bug because it should not be like that.

But +1 for your comment in GitHub. :wink:

And I think, thumbnail in dashboard or dashboard shortcut or “Top site tiles” is the same things. IMHO. But thanks. :lion_face:

wiping browsing history should not clear the pinned dashboard shortcuts. Unfortunately I think it still does. I will check and come back to edit my post if needed.

it’s a very annoying issue and it makes me loose precious minutes of my time. I was happy at first because I didn’t have to add extensions like FVD speed dial. Now I have to use the ugly bookmark bar all the time. :sweat:

Even with this issue, Brave is still an amazing browser! Kudos to devs.

How do you add/edit your dashboard items?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.