Is there a way to always display 'search' option when opening bookmark manager

Description of the issue:
i would like bookmark manager to display or default to ‘search’ mode when it opens similar to chrome’s default behavior.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
open bookmark manager.
bookmark manager defaults to ‘Bookmarks’ on opening.
‘search’ icon must be clicked to start searching.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
to search for a stored bookmark after opening bookmark manager, i need to click the ‘search’ icon at far left

Desired result:
when i open bookmark manager, i would like to be able to immediately start typing my search topic

Reproduces how often:
always. this appears to be the default behavior.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
win 10 21h2 brave v 1.39.111
Additional Information:

@elrod_johnson Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

You might want to edit your topic title and move your topic to either the Feedback or Feature Requests category. From previous staff posts, developers do browse the posts in these categories.

I actually do not know what this feature is in Chrome. I avoid Chrome at all costs. lol But it does sound intriguing. Is it something like a search bar display across the top of the bookmarks page?

@Go-go_duck oooh, it works for me too! Didn’t even realize it worked that way. lol Thanks for information. :smiley:

@elrod_johnson Does this work for you too? Hope so!

@Chocoholic yes, it’s a search bar that opens when you browse to brave://bookmarks or chrome://bookmarks. in chrome, the search bar appears by default, but in brave it does not appear by default.

@Go-go_duck and @Chocoholic so go ahead, point out the obvious! :wink: you’re both absolutely correct. all i need to do is start typing and the search bar opens! thank you very much! seems like there’s a life lesson in there somewhere!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.