Is the Brave/Civic Partnership Off?

September 21, 2018, Brave announces a partnership with Civic:

Brave-verified Publishers with Civic Reusable KYC will be able to collect earned BATs with their own Ethereum wallets

Civic, the global digital identity leader, and Brave, an innovative privacy browser combined with a blockchain-based digital advertising platform, will collaborate to provide Civic’s identity verification services to Brave’s verified publishers. Publishers will have the option to use Civic identity verification and other Know Your Customer (KYC) services in order to securely collect the Basic Attention Tokens (BATs) earned via the Brave browser and the BAT platform.

It’s been over 2 years since, and I believe currently Uphold is the only option for users to redeem rewards and the one alternative for Publishers is Gemini. I’ve done some searching and I wasn’t able to find anything regarding future plans for integrating Civic, nor was I able to find any evidence that the partnership was off.

I would love to hear if anyone from the community has an idea of what’s going on behind the scenes.

Via Chris Nguyen,

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to make something work with Civic, so the above partnership and integration with Civic is currently off the table at this time. Of course, the door is still open if something can work, but we are not actively working on Civic at this time.
That said, we aim to give Gemini user wallets (not just for Creators) as soon as possible in Q2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/brave_browser/comments/l8ogdi/is_the_bravecivic_parternship_off_or_what/glefy0w

So yeah, guess they couldn’t quite work something out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.