Is the Bookmarks file (from a backup/export) viewable?

@JimB1 Thanks again. I had wanted to see if I could figure out why an unsolved problem I’ve reported here was occurring.

I described that problem in this thread: Bookmark Manager: Persistent display of multiple instances of the same bookmark when there's actually only one

Quick Summary:

“Many searches in Bookmark Manager display duplicate or (even more often) multiple results.
One would think this is because I had saved the same bookmark more than once.
But when I click on ‘Show in folder’ for each one, they all display the same folder location.
Yet the folder (when opened) displays the bookmark only once.”

I thought that viewing the bookmarks as a global list in the ‘export’ file (i.e., as ‘plain’ or ‘html’ text) might help me figure out why that happens – but now that I’ve done that, although the ‘html’ file does display the titles of all bookmarks (and their folders) in a global view, no URLs are displayed.

So I’ll just try Bookmarks Dupes (thanks for mentioning it).

So far I can’t understand the explanation of use of the ‘Expert’ mode, which seems aimed at programmers. Does the basic use of the extension get the job done? (It seems like it does: “In non-expert mode, two bookmarks are considered to be duplicates of each other if their URL coincides.”)