Is my BAT useless now?

Briefly describe your issue:
A while ago I decided to reset my SSD and in an attempt to save my BAT I copied the entirety of my Brave folder and restored it after resetting my SSD. Upon opening Brave I noticed that my BAT had remained as it was before and all was well. However I failed to notice that I had not been recieving any ads for the months that followed and now my estimated earnings are at 0 BAT. If I understand correctly I assume this has something to do with me moving my files back to the reset SSD which I read from this https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055013431-Why-don-t-I-see-any-Brave-Ads-after-enabling-them. Are the BAT remaining in my wallet nullified or am I able to at least withdraw them after verifying?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10, Brave 1.45.118

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
yes

Do you get a rewards profile flagged error when you try verifying with Uphold / Gemini ?

Not OP, but I just noticed I’m having the same issue. This started probably within the last month. My account with Uphold used to be verified on Brave, but now I can’t verify it because my rewards profile is flagged.

Ok, so if you did that properly, everything would be available. Should be no issues.

Just would have to go through and make sure settings are all on. I mean, Rewards enabled? Is Windows allowing Notifications from Brave in settings from Notification Center? Do you have Focus Assist turned off?

No, once you earn BAT you have them forever. Well, until you throw them away by being Unverified and deleting the browser or folders where the BAT is being stored, lol.

If you’re in a region where you can be Verified, then you should be able to link and all BAT within the browser will process and be sent over.

Cannot link to uphold, but I don’t see the country(India) name in the list of unsupported countries and page says Gemini is for US only. How do I link my rewards?

I think we gotta wait till … idk maybe till end of this year … hoping India to be back into supported countries. No other work around I guess this time. LOL That hurts a little vro

Look again. The list is Supported countries, not unsupported.

lol. yea that makes sense

I’m talking about this link, so currently cannot link to uphold or gemini

@starunfallen Wrong list to be looking at. That’s for Uphold (where India is a supported region). The issue at hand is Brave. So their list at:

I have gone through all of the settings regarding notifications (including focus assist) and have tried other “solutions” from using the right language settings to doing a notification test which according to a thread here fixed the issue. I don’t believe this has anything to do with the ads available in my region as I continue to recieve ads frequently on my mobile device unlike my desktop. I’m kind of glad to know my BAT will not be invalidated or anything of the sort when I attempt to withdraw sometime. After that hopefully a clean reinstall of Brave will allow me to recieve ads again.

Edit: Upon checking my notifications yet again I have noticed that Brave is not in the list of notification senders on windows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.