Is it possible to recover BAT after changing twitch account?

Hello, I had previously accumulated 104 BAT in my publishers account through my Twitch account. A few months ago, I changed my username on Twitch, and this broke the link to the publishers program. When I logged in to re-link my Twitch account under the new username it required that I unlink the previous username, at which point my accumulated BAT disappeared from my account. Would it be possible for you to re-allocate those BAT to my account, under my new Twitch username? I didn’t want to post my username here publicly, but I’d be happy to provide any information needed to help facilitate this. Thanks.

Thanks for the report. We are going to investigate and roll out a fix. We’ve filed the issue here: https://github.com/brave-intl/publishers/issues/3172

Hi @chriscat ! That’s great to hear! So does this mean that the publishers connection is already account-based, and not simply username-based? Because if that isn’t already the case, and it doesn’t appear to be, then I would think that even making such a change wouldn’t retroactively restore any missing BAT under an old username. Can her missing BAT to be restored manually, or is this not an option?

@steeven Could you clarify this, please?

Thanks Steven. Very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.