Is cache synced across devices?

Description of the issue: This is more of a question about how brave works than a support request – mods, feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

I use brave on my personal devices (mac, iOS) and on my work computer (windows) and sync history, favs, etc. between them (but importantly, my tabs are not synced). Today, my work IT department informed me that a virus was detected in the folder Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Cache\Cache_Data on my work computer. I’m pretty sure that I didn’t visit any dubious website at work, but less sure about the personal devices.

So I would like to know: assuming this virus detection is not a false positive, could it have come from my personal devices? Does sync influence the content of the browser cache?

I mean, I don’t want to test that thouroughly to find out.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Reproduces how often: once

Brave Version: lastest as far as I can tell (don’t have all devices at hand).

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question: Win10, macos 11, iOS 15.

Additional Information:

1 Like

Tricky situation. Hackers are innovating all the time. You may have perfect hygiene in privacy. AFAIK Cache is not synced. Nor any other mainstream browser does.

Yeah, I know, being safe on the internet is never a given.

No, cache is not synched across devices.

It could indeed be a false positive, or not. The only way to know is by identified the file that was intercepted by the antivirus and check if you have indeed downloaded such file.

You do not need to visit dubious websites to get malware. Nowadays most websites live from advertisements. They just subscribe for an ads service and they have no control on what is displayed on those popups. If you are searching a lot the web as part of your professional work, you know that even the most respected websites are flooded with ads. It can happen to any of us.

That’s why I love Brave. Not so many ads popping up or antiviruses warnings :slight_smile:

ok, thank you for the info. That’s what I needed to know.