Is Brave Rewards/Ads broken?

Is the Brave Rewards/Ads system broken? I keep seeing ads on the Brave home page, but the BAT total has not moved for at least 2 weeks or more. And I have not been receiving any pop-out notification ads since the same point in time.

I have not done anything differently or made any changes to my computer or browser in any way. In other words, I haven’t done anything to trigger a change, although there was a Windows 10 update about that time. Brave Rewards/Ads just stopped.

I have checked and double checked that ads are turned on, maximum selected. Windows notifications are turned on. I don’t see anything that would be an obstruction to Brave Rewards/Ads functionality.

If there is something I need to do or to check, please let me know.

Operating Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Use Brave exclusively as my browser – showing version as:
Version 1.29.81 Chromium: 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)
200 mbps business internet with Charter/Spectrum
Uphold wallet, which was set up and verified at the very beginning of Brave Rewards, works just fine.
No problem receiving payments.
I do not use a VPN.
I am in the United States. I assume that is supported.
I have never turned off Auto-contribute.

4 Likes

Would someone who is involved with Brave please respond to the many posts to the effect that Brave Rewards has stopped working and tell us the truth about what is going on? Seeing constant and varied homepage ads (no notification ads in at least 2 weeks) and yet zero Rewards/BAT.
Is Brave teetering on collapse or is something else going on?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.