Irresponsible support regarding BAT and payments

So, I came here recently after I lost my BAT from wallet suddenly and was left with 0.145 BAT. I thought it was some glitch and tried to ask about it to get the issue sorted out. But what i have seen since then is the influx of same issues of missing BAT (be it from browser or Uphold itself), non payment for months and on top of all that no customer support or communication regarding this matter.

Do Brave developers and stakeholders don’t want it to grow or is there some other problem at work. All I have seen regarding this is steeven asking people with posts which gain traction to DM him details to solve their individual issues.
I did’t want to make a rant post and hence dm’ed him and waited patiently. But all I have seen now is that its just a hail mary. People who are asked to dm are not getting complete responses as i can see from plenty posts and there is only one person managing the issue or what!
This feels like they themselves are not serious about their project and if this goes on for some more time forget about gaining more customers but losing the ones you already have. Please try to be professional and solve the issues diligently.

16 Likes

I agree, the complete lack of any proper response from the developers is very concerning. For a browser that prides itself on its security and safety this suspicious behavior is a huge red flag.

Since there has not been any proper response or even hint of a solution so far, us Brave users should definitely keep discussing these issues both on this and other forums. Hopefully it will never reach the level where the Brave developers start deleting these conversations to silence their own community, but just to be on the safe side we should post about these issues on Reddit and other forums also.

7 Likes

Lets see if this all helps. 99% posts get ignored anyways. Also, when there is an issue with the product everybody understands it if you communicate regarding that. Being sketchy and not paying attention and not telling people what’s going on is the path Brave team has taken. I don’t know what they are thinking. Customer support and satisfaction should be the top priority at all times in the modern age to make it to the top.

3 Likes

Thank Gawd!!! I thought my system had been compromised.smh I thank you guys for speaking up. You can add me to the cause as well. Seems like every time I look at my rewards they have been cleaned out. Been happening for a few months. The 1st time it happened I had almost 50BAT now I cannot even manage to get just 1 whole coin.smh Please keep us posted.

1 Like

Hi @kkmostwanted - thanks for your post. I appreciate your patience. We’re a tiny team and sometimes it can take a while to reply. Have been without power the past couple of days. Replying to your DM now. Thanks again for your patience.

4 Likes

Hey man @steeven its no issue that you are late to respond or that you are a small team. I and everybody else understands how it works specially in these trying times. The main issue we have is lack of communication. You should maybe make a sticky post about this issue mentioning that you are aware of this and no need to worry we will get to you as soon as we can. Lack of communication is what kills the mood. I have almost stopped using Brave because that is a huge turn off. That’s all. Have a good day ahead.

7 Likes

It happened to me once that 0.37 BAT just disapeared from my brave browser and then started over from 0.It makes me think that Brave Browser is too good to be true and that they cant pay out everything as promised.This is something important cause the only reason i use Brave is to get free BAT.

2 Likes

Again!!! It happened again. This time I grabbed a screen shot of before and after.smh Something needs to be done about this.

8:35pm 11:32pm…ive lost alot over the past year starting with over 90 BAT. Anyway, please straighten this out. Either someone is hacking brave or the coins are just lost, i dont know. Please fix

3 Likes

Same. It happened again. I lost some of my BAT again. I have had enough. I am getting off this browser and so should you. There is no way you should give into this skam (they won’t even let me post the real word, lol). I gave it a try and it just punches me in the guts so have fun getting more customers and keeping the old ones. Hardly worth the hassle.

2 Likes

I am not sure about the disappearing BAT problem as a whole, but what you show in your screen shots is not BAT you have earned and has been paid to you. That is your Estimated Pending Rewards. Numerous posts here in the community talk about how the Estimate is not your actual earnings and it can fluctuate based on many factors. It can also update to show a more correct Estimate from time to time. The only true BAT you have earned is that which is deposited into your wallet at the beginning of the month.

2 Likes

Casually estimating $0.3 to then $0.03 and vanishing whole BATs… Just the poster above said he lost 90 BAT… I don’t think you estimate 100=1 at any case… And people are earning in BAT so we should get BAT for ads… Not changing values just cuz prices are changing… But oh well, I guess don’t complain and let it be is your opinion. Not that developers have mentioned any of this anywhere.
I stopped using Brave as a whole anyways as I was having other issues too. So it’s whatever. If you are enjoying it its good for you.

1 Like

Hi @kkmostwanted - thanks for the update and additional information. Please see our DM.

@JamSand5 - can you please DM me your wallet id when you have a moment?

1 Like

Look, this last scteenshot was the last straw. It just seem like a little bit much when freaking everything disappears. I am sure support can figure out that I have been using bat for over a year now and having nothing to show for it because it either dissappears out of my estimated rewards or straight out of my wallet. In either case I haven’t been able to reach the “25bat” required to verify the wallet given to me. Which has no security as it stands. And that is since the option of verify the wallet has been given. But I agree, its whatever. Do you really think all the BAT that ive earned from watching ads still doesn’t ad up to one single bat??? Smh

1 Like

@DrewMena Do you have your Brave Rewards set to Auto-Contribute? If you have the Auto-Contribute set to on then once a month your earned rewards are contributed to the content creators who’s sites you have visited. Websites such as Reddit, Twitter, and Github are some of the bigger ones that allow you to tip content creators in BAT. If you do not wish to Auto-Contribute simply switch the setting to the OFF mode.

No, I haven’t had auto contribute turned on at the moment. As a matter of face I haven’t used that feature for over 10 months. Even if I did I haven’t accumulated enough to cover any of the contribution ammounts that are offered. I haven’t been able to accumulate the mim 5 bat a month offer. For the 1st 6 months or so I did use that option tho. This didnt start happening until around the time I hear of the option to export bat to uphold wallets or the option to trade for BAT merchandise. I have tried deleting and reinstalling but no luck.

<ptitle="">

">

i put my concern over BAT not payment over 2 weeks ago no response

1 Like

I’ve lost bat maybe once or twice, so I’m sorry to hear you all are having issues with that but I have to ask you this. What other browser are you going to use that is as secure AND pays you for the ads you see? If you even want to see them. And do it for for free.
As a free browser, I’d still be using Brave even if they didn’t pay me to do it. But that’s just me.
I can say from experience that, even though it might take a while, this development team will get issues sorted out.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Brave and first I want to say thanks. I waited patiently through the bookmark syncing across devices (fixed for a while now). Now, I am also having issues on Android with missing BAT. Here are 2 screenshots. I am not auto contributing. Thanks!

I think the first screenshot was on 2/19 and the 2nd on 2/21.

During this month, the BAT would increase, disappear, and return to normal. For example,
Pending BAT would be about 2. Next day, it is down to 0.10 BAT (just an estimate). Then, a couple days later it will be like 2.5 BAT (also an estimate).

1 Like