iPhone Swipe Down to Search Yields Search Result in Google instead of Default of DuckDuckGo

Description of the issue:
When I swipe down on my iPhone, a search bar comes down. I type into the search bar and results such as related apps, messages, etc are populated, along with a Brave search option. When I click on the Brave search option, the results come up within Google on Brave. I have set everything to DuckDuckGo (DDG) and even went as far as unchecking everything but DDG. Anyway I can correct that so the swipe down search results come onto Brave through DDG as opposed to any other search engine? Brave is currently the default search browser.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Home Screen of iPhone
  2. Swipe down
  3. Type in any search topic
  4. Select search topic with Brave logo next to it
  5. Search topic comes up on Google instead of default search engine of DDG on Brave

Expected result:
Search results should be on default search engine: DDG on Brave

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.36

Mobile Device details
iPhone 13 Pro, software 15.3.1

Additional Information:
When I perform the search within Brave, the search is correctly using DDG as the search engine. It’s only when I do the search by swiping down on the iPhone Home Screen that the search result shows up in Brave on Google

This is Apple’s limitation unfortunately, they do not respect the search engine of choice we use and give us a result of whatever engine is set in Safari.

As a workaround you need to set DDG in Safari settings then it should show up as ddg in Brave too

Brilliant. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.