iPhone content filtering issue

Description of the issue

So I had just updated to the newest version on iPhone where we now have extra content filtering options. I was excited because I’m hoping it’s going to be doing a lot better than what we’ve had for iPhone. However, one of the first sites that I went to while I was trying to learn more on. Pokémon brought up the little ad on the bottom. I will say that at least it’s blank, so I guess it’s doing something. But it would be nice not to have the pop-up box we have to hit an X on to close.

Thanks in advance @fanboynz

Exact URL of the website in question:

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

N/A (I mean, this is about Ad-Blocking and not compatibility. Therefore not likely site would show no ads with Shields off and only show ads with it on. Any reason why we have this question for Ad-Blocking template?)

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

N/A

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

N/A

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.44 (22.10.17.18)

I will likely have more feedback on other websites later as I toy around with it. But I did want to point this out as definitely can be annoying, especially if will happen on other sites. Filters I enabled are below:

Should help, give it 48hrs. Also if using Fanboy Annoyances, Don’t need to enable Easylist Cookie or Mobile Notifications.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks

Looks like a good update to webkit iOS. We (android users) had it for 2 years.

Now, no annoyances will be there for you after ticking these lists.

Also, according to official documentation If you have enabled Fanboy annoynace list then there is no need to enable Easylist Cookie as Fanboy annoynace lists does the job for both Easylist Cookie and Fanboy Social list.

Fanboy’s Annoyance List
Fanboy’s Annoyance List blocks Social Media content, in-page pop-ups and other annoyances; thereby substantially decreasing web page loading times and uncluttering them. EasyList Cookie List and Fanboy’s Social Blocking List are already included, there is no need to subscribe to them if you already have Fanboy’s Annoyance List.

from https://easylist.to/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.