iPhone 13 mini overheating when watching videos

My phone is getting dangerously hot whenever I play a video on brave. The problem started occurring a couple days ago. I haven’t had this problem before. I don’t know how it affects things but this started happening after I came to the uk from india. It’s not happening with other browsers. I am on iOS 16.6, iPhone 13 mini.

I believe this was an issue that was recently resolved — can you please check and ensure that you’ve updated to version 1.56? If not, please do so and then tell me if the issue persists.

It is at 1.52.1, how do I update it?

@Sussysuch,
You can update the App by opening the Apple App store, tapping your profile icon at the top of the screen, then scrolling to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.

Thanks, it worked. I shall test the heat now and I’ll get back to you if it persists.

1 Like

The problem still persists, even though I updated to 1.56

I think the phone is heating up more compared to before

@Sussysuch,
Thanks for reporting. Will have to ask the devs about this — to confirm this is still only happening when Brave is open?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.