IPadOS website display

Description of the issue:**
Restricted to mobile view on iPad even with desktop site requested. Not sure if this is a support issue or a feature request.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Visit websites. Specific examples:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
The following are screenshots from an older iPad. Make the current version of Brave on the new devices display like this:

Version 1.24 (21.4.1.15)
Device iPad Mini 3 (iOS 12.5.5)

Reproduces how often:
Every time website is visited, regardless of mobile or desktop site requested

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.32.3 (21.11.17.19)
IPad Mini 6th generation (2021 model)
IPadOS 15.1

Additional Information:
In Safari, on the new iPadOS, there is a setting to change “page zoom”. This allows Safari to display like the older Brave images.

I have additional screenshots but the forum will only allow me to post 4 as a new user.

I have same exact issue but on the Windows 10 Enterprise OS 19042.1348 platform. The same pages listed above render as the “mobile version” instead of desktop. Toggling the “Brave Shield” on or off does not make a difference. Thanks for looking into!

@TrashHauler,
On my end on my iPad, I see Foxnews display without any issues – in the same way you’re saying you are expecting it to display. The Ford-trucks website on the other hand I do see displayed in mobile view and does not appear to change when I select Desktop view.

I’ve reached out to our iOS team for more information on this.

I downloaded Brave Beta for Windows 10. Issue appears to be resolved with that version.

Thanks for looking into it. I don’t have access to a newer full size iPad to view the Fox News website on but it is definitely mobile view on my iPad mini 6 even with Desktop View selected. Glad you were able to duplicate with the FTE website.

If I rotate the iPad to landscape mode, both websites display in full desktop mode regardless of whether desktop site or mobile site is requested.

Bob

The other website appears to ignore user agent settings – that is, it either displays in desktop or mobile based on only the width and height of the device. So on an iPad (or desktop, obviously) it will display in desktop view and on a phone it will display in mobile view.

Odd that it works on the older iPad mini but not on the newer one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.