Description of the issue:
I want to block everything by default and allow scripts or others on a per site basis. I assume that cookies are used to keep up with that.
Also, periodically I want to clear history and cache, but not cookies or saved logins when I “clear private data.”
Sometimes this works, sometimes EVERYTHING gets cleared despite my looking right at the cookies and login options turned off.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Everything blocked by default
- Visit a site and change the shields for that page to allow scripts.
- Repeat step 2 as needed for multiple pages.
- Close browser, reopen, everything works as desired.
- Go to settings, Clear private data, make sure cookies and logins are off, click to clear.
- Close browser and reopen. Results unpredictable.
(This might work a couple of times, but eventually when I clear, ALL cookies will also be cleared despite the setting being off. Logins seem to be retained.)
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Reproduces how often:
Randomly as far as i can tell.
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Also, sometimes when I change the clear private data settings (without using the clear data button), my changes are not retained.