Intruder alert! A Trojan is in the base!

Kaspersky is not the kind of guy who freaks out at anything… So when it does I do worry about what he has to say. The news of today is that I have 4 trojans in my brave\Cache.

C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache\f_003fa5//main.js
C:\Documents and Settings \ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\ Cache \f_003fa5//main.js
HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic;Cheval de Troie;10/01/2017 21:30:01

C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\ Cache \f_0020b7//packed
C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache \f_0020b7//packed
Trojan.JS.Miner.d;Cheval de Troie;10/01/2017 21:30:01

C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache
\f_0013e1//main.js
C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache \f_0013e1//main.js

C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache\f_000155
C:\Documents and Settings\ MyName \AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache \f_000155

I rarely find a navigator that is worst it and I have to say, you did quite a beautiful job with this one. I would not like to suck Goolag anymore. Please, keep it safe and working. :slight_smile:

I wish I could help you with the trojan problem Pyro42, But I gave up using microsoft operating systems in 2011. I’m new to the forum, but I plan to support Brave and other similar efforts including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, (https://www.eff.org).

I have to comment on you final paragraph though. It’s ‘right on’ and I commend you for speaking up. Google and Chrome are bad words. There was a time (in the good old days of the internet) when google’s stated policy was to ‘do no harm’!!! My, how times have changed.

Sooner or later, the NSA will demand that backdoors be added for their ‘convenience’. When the demand has been made, it also comes with a gag order. That gag order forbids anyone from divulging the presence of the backdoor(s). This is the reason why Brave is very likely doomed to failure-the administering team must be based outside of the US in order to protect the users from undocumented backdoors.

Regards,

Art

I had something similar happen recently while moving to Brave as my main browser. Windows Defender found a SupportScam:JS/TechBrolo!rfn Trojan in C:\Users\ MyName\AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache\f_000162. I am pretty sure I got this from some popup ads that appeared in a new tab that I got while browsing and going to a site to watch some tv shows online for free. Windows Defender took care of this Trojan and I am stopping the malicious popups by using Adguards popup blocker userscript from greasyfork.

Here is info about the trojan.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=SupportScam%3AJS%2FTechBrolo!rfn&threatid=2147720629&enterprise=0

Thank you very much Poppa!
I will use a blocker from now on.

Houston, I do worry a bit more about google than the state. Google is a powerhouse stronger than many other countries in the world, more to that concern is that they started to engage in politic and give “re-education” classes to their employees. They seem to slowly engage in censoring diverging opinions. I might be wrong but I will hold my judgment for now and take precautions.