Intermittent invisible dead zone in the tab bar, and tab cards flashing

Description of the issue:

Intermittently a dead zone will appear near the right end of the tab bar, where a tab cannot be clicked open, nor will it be highlighted. This does not seem to be associated with anything that I actively do, and the problem comes and goes on its own. I have a video clip that demonstrates the issue, but Discourse won’t let me upload it because I’m a new user.

At the same time as this problem the tab cards that you’re supposed to see when you hover over a tab will only flash on screen and then disappear. I don’t know what the connection is but these two problems happen together.

How can this issue be reproduced?

I do not know how to reproduce this issue except for just using the Browser until it happens again.

Expected result:

There is no invisible dead zone in the tab bar.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.50.125 Chromium: 112.0.5615.165 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Revision c262f36e6b1d711ee42d4fbe1343b49960593f18-refs/branch-heads/5615@{#1297}

OS Linux

Additional Information:

I am using a Gnome Wayland session in Fedora 38 Workstation. I have an AMD graphics card and I’m using the Mesa drivers, if that’s relevant.

I’ve discovered that another symptom is that I can no longer drag tabs to reorder them. This is not limited to tabs under the dead zone, but applies to all tabs.

Disabling hardware acceleration does not appear to help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.