Intel Driver Support Assistant doesn't work with Shields on

Description of the issue: It’s exactly as the title says.

Exact URL of the website in question: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Yes.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no): No. I haven’t messed with the configuration of Shields.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes, Chrome/Microsoft Edge.

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.20.110 Chromium: 88.0.4324.192 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I couldn’t get it to work in Chrome or Firefox either. Getting Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan. That said, there is a lot of trackers on the site, but disabling ads/trackers didn’t help. @smoochiepook

1 Like

Disabling Shields solved the problem for me. Maybe it doesn’t work for you because you don’t have the Intel Driver & Support Assistant installed? Or because you don’t have any Intel drivers? Either way, the download for the software is extremely small if you want to install it and see if it properly scans after that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.