Integrity check and a authenticity check

**Description of the issue:

Just wondered if there is a page that shows how to do an integrity check and a authenticity check on the browser in Linux Mint. I see the public key but no instructions. They’re probably right in front of me, I just overlooked them as usual. Always running before I catch the ball. I’m just learning about PGP and am interested in learning some more. Couldn’t I follow part of this tutorial I found. Steps 1-6 here https://ctemplar.com/pgp-encryption/

Thanks

How can this issue be reproduced?

No issues Just need more info.

1.No problems
2.Just want to know how to have pretty good privacy

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.37.111 Chromium: 100.0.4896.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Hi and welcome. First, I use windows and don’t know anything about Linux and second, I am not sure what an “integrity check and a authenticity check” is. That being said, I’m wondering if the “Safety Check” in brave://settings/privacy is related.

After clicking check now and program run.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad I’ve been using linux for over a year and still don’t understand it :-). If I can’t copy and paste it I’m generally in trouble.

I tried: brave://settings/privacy

This is something completely different from authenticity check. I definetly recommend checking into it. Because if you’ve ever had a pc stop responding this could be why.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.