Installing Problem on Android - Whats the Minimun Android Version Required to Install Brave?

android

Hi @eljuno @chriscat Can you help me… My Community are reporting me that Brave can´t be installed on their Android Phone, even in Android 4.2.2… I search some information and in the PlayStore shows “Requires Android: Varies with device”… How can we be sure of whats devices are compatible and what devices are not, compatibility is based on processor version? A specific kernel version? what we need to see in order to know what devices are compatibles with Brave Android Browser?

1 Like

This is the message for Android 4.2.2… There are other way to install with an apk BUT that counts too for referral promo? somethink like Apk Mirror version or a special channel for people that are having this compatibility problem? @Mattches may be you can help there?

0 Likes

@Erickson1504,
IIRC we support Android systems as early as v4.4 – sorry for any inconvenience!

1 Like

thanks bro, Dont Worry for invonvenience, its only that the information is not clear about that, thanks for solve it… other question what is IIRC?

0 Likes

Hey but play store say “Requires Android: Varies with device” why? any other requirement needed?

1 Like

IIRC = “if I recall correctly”

I believe that is simply referring to the fact that there may be some Android devices that are not supported.

1 Like

closed #7
0 Likes